Waiver and Release
I understand that participating in the Companion Training LLC’s Service Dog Training involves risks of personal injury and/or property damage to myself, to my dog, to members of my family and to accompanying friends. I assume all risks associated with participating in this training. I agree to comply with the instructions, rules and decisions of the Instructor(s) as it relates to myself or to my dog’s ability to safely complete the training. I certify that my dog is current on all vaccinations, is parasite free and is able to perform disability-mitigating tasks without physical harm to the dog. Additionally I certify that my dog is temperamentally sound for the rigors of service work and will not harm anyone.
- The nature of the self-training program and that I am solely responsible for the behavior of the dog I train.
- That participating in training sessions does not guarantee that my dog will be certified as a service dog nor be able to perform their trained tasks 100% of the time.
- That dogs are living breathing beings and as such may not alert to my medical condition.
- That I am 100% responsible for anything my dog does or does not do.
- That Companion Training LLC, TJ Smith, and their officers, instructors, agents, employees and/or representatives are not responsible for the consequences of missed alerts.
- That despite the fact that my dog may alert me to my medical condition, I understand that 100% accuracy is never guaranteed and I will get a doctors permission in writing before I do something that could be considered dangerous to myself.
- That I will not use a dog to replace medical treatment prescribed by a doctor.
- That even though my dog has been trained to perform tasks for me, that if I do not keep up the training as instructed by the Companion Training LLC that my dog may revert back to an untrained state or perform tasks incorrectly.
- That the state and county of the purchase of any Companion Training LLC product or service is Ada County, Idaho and not the state and county I reside in.
- That if my dog fails the program I am not eligible for any reimbursement for time or money.
- That dogs are living beings and as such will not act perfectly in all situations.
- That dogs are living beings and are therefore subject to outside influences that may change their behavior. This may lead to the need for additional training at any point in their service life.
- That although service dog usage has been shown to improve both mental and physical health status, that participation in this training program and/or use of a service dog does not guarantee improvement in the physical or mental status of the participant.
In consideration of, and as inducement to the acceptance of my application for training, I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Companion Training LLC, TJ Smith and their officers, directors, instructors, agents, employees and/or representatives harmless of any and all claims, or claims by any member of my family, or accompanying guests of mine, injury, expense, costs or damages to myself, my dog or any handler sponsored by me, arising out of or in connection with or in any way related to training, even though the liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the individuals or entities released in this Waiver and Release.
I agree that I will defend and indemnify Companion Training LLC, TJ Smith and their officers, directors, instructors, agents, employees and/or representatives for any injury, expense, costs or damages to any dog handlers or dogs, whether sponsored by me or not, or to third parties arising out of my own actions or the actions of my dog.
The parties agree that any and all claims, controversies, breaches or disputes arising from or related to this agreement including those pertaining to the formation, construction, performance, applicability, interpretation or the enforceability of this agreement is subject to a requirement of Binding Arbitration. This arbitration shall take place in the county of ADA, State of Idaho utilizing a arbitrator from the county of ADA, State of Idaho. Both parties shall share the cost of the dispute resolution process equally although personal attorneys and witnesses or specialist are the direct responsibility of each party and their fees and expenses shall be with responsibility of the individual parties.
I agree that the risks of training have been fully explained to me, and I have been advised to consult with my veterinarian regarding the health risks involved.
I also understand that the Companion Training LLC, TJ Smith may use for publicity or promotional purposes, my name and pictures of me or of my dog without liability or obligation to me. I have read, understand and agree to the above.